I have been twice nominated, again, for the Liebster Award. I want to to thank both Silent Rumblings and A Ray of Sunshine. Two absolutely stunning writers and bloggers in their own rights. I have linked their names above to a favorite post on their individual sites. Please click on and visit these before reading the rest of this post, I don’t mind waiting at all…
Every time I’m nominated for these awards two things happen. I’m amazed that anyone reads and likes my writings enough to nominate me for an award…it’s humbling. And secondly, I’m wondering what questions and how many wonderful blogs do I get to nominate next. I am constantly searching for passionate words and writers…
One day, I’m going to establish Grabbety’s Passionate Wordsmith Award…we’ll call it “The Grabbety”…how does that sound? Like I’m full of myself? I’m really not…it is a cool name though…one of a kind…the name is better than my posts…I’m really not this egotistical…I’m the humblest guy I know…I take great pride in the fact that I’m so humble…actually, I just enjoy making people laugh. (Did you at least smirk at any of that?)
No? Well, on to the questions then…since I was first nominated by Silent Rumblings, we’ll start with those questions:
1. Which is your favorite post on my blog? I am particularly fond of “xiii.” I like the attitude and firmness in the expression, “maybe never.”
2. What makes a writer a good writer? Well, I think the ability to tell a living, breathing story that the reader is compelled to read and finds a connection with. It takes time to develop and effort to maintain.
3. What inspired you to start blogging? My addiction to words demanded it. They saved my life and I owe them that.
4. Tell us a strategy that helped you in blogging? If a post connects with me, I read it and “like” it. If it compels me to respond to the author about it, I comment. I comment a lot. If it screams at me, “oh my god this is awesome!”, I reblog it. Making connections with people is what it’s all about. The posts opens the door. The comments start a conversation. The conversations make meaningful relationships with other writers. Connections. Connections that enjoy what you enjoy and you can bounce ideas off each other. It’s great stuff, this blogging!
5. How do you find time to blog? I make it. It’s like anything else in life…if it’s important, you’ll make the time for it.
6. Why do you write? I have no choice…the words flow, I weave them.
7. Write a short letter to your younger self. “Grabbety, don’t marry that red head you meet at the restaurant, marry the one you met in fifth grade; write your novels as soon as you get the ideas. You’ll survive the depression, just hang on. Buy the 1968 Dodge Charger, keep the 1966 Chevrolet C-10, and definitely get the new Challenger. – Love, Grabbety.”
8. Who was your first style icon? Lucifer
9. What’s one thing on your bucket list? Skydiving.
10. What are you most proud of? My two daughters.
A Ray of Sunshine
1. What does writing mean to you? That’s easy…everything. Crafting beautiful stories is life!!!
2. How do you inspire yourself for writing? Sad songs, old memories, pictures, dark depths…yeah!
3. When do you prefer to write, daytime or night? All of the above…
4. What do you prefer, winning a debate or letting the person win for his happiness? Why? I don’t debate anymore… opinions are like condiments…tastes vary…
5. What is your thought regarding the change in our destiny? Can we really change it? I think you can but it’s extremely difficult. Somethings can’t be altered but where you take life after you accept what can’t be changed is entirely up to you. The only person who can change you…is you; and you’ll only do so when you are ready to. Buckle up cause it’s a bumpy, painful ride!
6. According to you, what is the definition of Friend? Tells you the truth no matter what; is there for you whenever and wherever; calls you for no reason other than to shoot the proverbial shit…yeah.
7. Who is your favourite writer/poet? Why? Greg Iles…he is the man! Read Turning Angel…you’ll see.
8. Whom do you like more, an introvert or an extrovert? I’m an introvert so if it’s about like as in romantically, an extrovert because two introverts will just stay alone together.
9. Any one of your happy moments (if you want to share). When my daughters were born are the best. The first story I ever wrote was about pirates. I was in fifth grade. I wrote page after page about sailing, drinking, violence, pirate stuff! I had never been more happy about a school project in my young life…the rest of the story sucks so…another time.
10. Name any two of your favorite bloggers and why do you like their writings. A Ray of Sunshine and Silent Rumblings…because they nominated me for an award… how is this question supposed to go any other way?
Now the rules:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, links their blog. Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
1. How is it you first started writing/blogging?
2. What other hobbies do you have besides writing that you are passionate about?
3. Adversity: a lesson you learned.
4. Coffee or tea? Why?
5. Favorite book or poem.
6. Hero or Villain; Good or bad; light or dark: which do you prefer? which do you see yourself as?
7. What is you fantasy vocation?
8. Where is your fantasy vacation?
9. Your favorite comfort food? Why?
10. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
And the nominees are:
- J Britt
- Liz McGehee
- Smoke Words Every Day
- More Harmoniously Does A Heart Emote Than A Pen or Throat
- Liam J Cross
- Poetry of a Non Dual Heart
- A World of Day Dreams
- A Writer In Retrospect