Wow! I have been honored yet again! It amazes me that fellow bloggers find my writings worthy of recognition! Hell, sometimes I’m amazed people even read them at all! Some of you know what I’m talking about! I apologized for that fiasco and will do my best to NEVER let it happen again. I’d like to thank Aishwarya Shah of Eclipsed Words, who so graciously nominated me for this award! She is a fabulous writer with an incredible site! I mean, she has over 1100 followers! How cool is that?! She says, “Aspire to inspire others and the Universe will take note.” I think it is, Aishwarya Shah, I think it is! Thank you!
Answer the 11 questions given to you
Share 11 facts about yourself
Nominate between 5 to 11 other bloggers
Ask your nominees 11 questions
The Questions For Me
1. What are your favourite smells?
- My favorite smells are those of freshly ground coffee, tobacco, Maker’s Mark, freshly baked bread, rain, and cedar.
2. What do you do when you’re stressed?
- When I am stressed, I do my best to stop focusing on the trigger of my stress, and focus on a solution. It’s not alway easy to do but, if I stay focused on the problem, I panic. Panic never solves anything positively for me…it makes it worse, every time.
3. What is your favourite season and why?
- My favorite season is Fall. It’s the season of college football, fall festivals, the leaves change into beautiful colors before they return to the earth. It’s a beautiful time of reflection.
4. Is there anything you regret from your childhood?
- I regret nothing from my childhood. How can I? Every step along that treacherous journey made me the man I am today.
5. Early bird or night owl?
- I’m a bit of both. I’ve had to work swing shifts so you learn to adapt or you become a zombie.
6. What is your biggest time-wasting habit?
- It would have to be watching a favorite television program marathon. It can suck the hours of my day away. I avoid the television as best I can. I’ve been successful in avoiding it, here lately.
7. What’s one thing you want to master?
- I want to master this craft that I love so well…writing. I want to discover new heights, new styles, new methods. I just can’t get enough!
8. What have you never tried but want to?
- I never completed a novel, but I’m diligently working to do that now. Thanks to a new friend who was so kind to take an interest in me after a simple comment on his blog. His response opened my eyes to something I’d been blind to for much too long.
9. What’s your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is that I will master the art of failing, yet never taste success.
10. Describe the most precious thing in your room.
- My most precious thing in my room…two photographs of my daughters when we lived in Australia many years ago. I treasure those words photographs, and the memories they invoke above all my other material possessions.
11. What do you want the old you to look back on and remember fondly?
- I hope he looks back fondly on the times he spent with his brother, his parents, his friends that became family; his daughters, their births, their childhood, their youth, their pursuit of their own lives; and I hope he achieved his goal and that it was worth all the pain and sacrifice to achieve it.
Eleven Facts About Myself
- I am an addict. My drug of choice, words. Especially passionate ones. Those are always the best. They give me the truest high!
- I am an eclectic music lover. I have favorites in nearly every genre. Listening to music on vinyl is second only to listening to it live.
- I am a musician, though in truth, I am a far better writer. So, if you don’t like what you’ve read, you’re not going to like how I play.
- I love history. World history, American history, Ancestral history, literary history.
- I love technology. Apple is probably my favorite. I’ve never met an Apple device I didn’t like, learn to love, and occasionally despise.
- I love Astronomy. If people would look beyond there own horizon, just a little higher. There is a whole universe the size of which is beyond some people’s comprehension. The universe blows me away.
- My favorite color is purple. I have a purple pearlescent Ibanez EDB400 Bass Guitar; I have a Plum Crazy Pearlescent Dodge Challenger R/T; they’re nearly identical in color and beauty.
- My favorite clothing accessory is a leather driving cap. I have several. My absolute favorite, was a beautiful brown one from Hats in the Attic that was stolen by an asshole someone with remarkable taste.
- My favorite food is Japanese cuisine. I was raised on it so, yeah.
- I enjoy reading books written first person point of view. As a result, I enjoy writing in the same style.
- I enjoy having a tumbler of Maker’s Mark 46, neat, occasionally. Once it a while I enjoy it on the rocks.
The Leibster Award – Discover New Blogs
I racked my brain about how to choose my nominees. Let me just say, if you’re a follower of my blog, you know by now there are two things I care about: words and passion, and I prefer the two be intertwined. If I follow a blog, it’s not because they liked one of my posts, or followed my blog. It’s because I checked their site out, and read their posts. If the words in their post spoke to me, I ‘like’ it. It the words captivated me or impacted me in some way, I comment. If what I read is filled with passion, post after post, I’m compelled to follow that blogger. I’m addicted to passionate words. I can’t get enough of them. So, all that being said, all the bloggers I follow are all passionate wordsmiths, photographers, and/or artists, in my humble opinion. Therefore, I decided that I would nominate the bloggers who rise to the top of that field. If you’ve never accepted one of these awards, I’m not sure you understand the amount of work involved in it. Each award has its own criteria for the award winner and his or her nominees. So I understand completely if none of you want to accept this award. It’s all good.
Drum roll please…and the nominees are:
*In No Particular Order*
My final nominees are the finest group of people I’ve ever had the honor of writing with:
- The Perfectly Imperfect Bunch – they are all nominees, week deserving of this recognition. Please note that I did not choose them because we write together. They won these nominations for their individual work and would have been nominated by me anyway. ***The links for these individual bloggers are located at the link above, please visit there individual sites as well!***
The Eleven Questions for my Nominees are:
- What is it that makes your words so passionate?
- What/who is the greatest influence in your life in regards to your artistic expression?
- Who is your favorite artist? (This can be an author, a photographer, a painter, a designer, a musician, etc…) Why?
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go? Why?
- If you could meet with anyone, living or dead, for an entire afternoon, who would it be? Why?
- If technology/science allowed for anything you desired, what would you choose? Why?
- We all face adversity, the specifics of the adversity is different with everyone, even still, we can learn from each other’s methods of overcoming adversity. Please share the one thing you learned through overcoming your own struggles with adversity that you think will be most beneficial to someone struggling right now.
- What is your greatest accomplishment, to date? Why?
- What is your deepest regret, to date? Why?
- You have to choose one of your posts, which is your favorite? Why?
- What is your favorite movie or movie franchise? Why?